This is officially the best keto fat bomb recipe I have ever made. Hands down. No competition. The best. ?
I realized in a panic that I was out of fat bombs and didn?t get enough fat in yesterday. When I am swamped (in a good way) with work, I am GREAT at intermittent fasting – eat one real meal – but struggle to hit those fat macros. And then I got home and realized I was out of keto fat bombs! Luckily, these are so easy and quick… I decided to add some cacao powder (or you can use regular unsweetened cocoa powder) to my usual fat bomb base and a little extra sweetness, put a glob of nut butter in the middle and OMG OMG OMG.
Why are fat bombs a great addition to your keto diet? Often times, especially early on in your keto journey, you may find that at the end of the day, you may still need to get some more fat in to hit your macros. Fat bombs are treats made with healthy fats that help you get over the humps and get in the fat grams AND at the end of the day, they actually help sustain a good nights sleet as well!
You must make these and keep in the freezer!
Chocolate Nut Butter Cup Fat Bombs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil?
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened, or my preference is cacao powder?
- 1 scoop low carb protein powder I use IsoPure Zero Carb in Vanilla?
- 2 tbsp unsweetened nut butter peanut or almond is best, I actually used sunflower butter, but I?ve found most people don?t like sunflower butter?
- 5 – 6 drops Lakanto monkfruit sweetener or stevia
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat and add protein and cocoa powders. Whisk until smooth. Turn heat off and add sweetener. ?
- Either using a silicone mold or muffin tin lined with 6 cupcake liners, pour half of mixture evenly amongst the 6 muffin liners. Put 1/6 of the nut butter in the center of each. Top off with remaining cocoa mixture. ?(to have the nut butter perfectly in the center, freeze first layer for 15 – 20 minutes, then add nut butter filling and the top layer of chocolate mixture and freeze until set… I just couldn’t wait that long!)
- Set in freezer for about 30 minutes. ?
- If you don?t eat them all (kidding, kinda), store whatever?s leftover in a ziploc in the freezer.?