I love chili – especially as it gets cooler, I typically will start a pot of chili early in the morning on a weekend so that we can graze on it for lunch and throughout the day. While beans are typically too high in carbs for a keto diet, there are hacks to make a deliciously hearty low carb, keto chili recipe. I opt to go bean-less, but I have seen some recipes with black soy beans in place of black beans or kidney beans. Since my focus is on the benefits of a keto diet for women over 40, anything made of soy isn’t something I would recommend.
I usually serve this low carb chili recipe over cauliflower rice and with all sorts of fixings — sour cream, chopped red onions, chopped tomato, cilantro, shredded cheese and even keto tortilla chips that I make with Cut Da Carb wraps or cheese chips made from Folio’s. This recipe is also delicious over keto tater tots! Enjoy this low carb chili recipe however you normally would have a traditional chili — it’s a delicious, smoky recipe that basically goes well with anything – and even on it’s own! Store any leftovers in an airtight container for a delicious lunch – the flavors develop more overnight so I’ll typically bring some to work the next day if my family hasn’t devoured it all!
Hearty Low Carb Chili
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 ? pounds 85/15 ground beef
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno minced and seed removed – if you like spice, keep the seeds!
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ? cup sugar-free tomato paste
- 15 ounces canned whole tomatoes roughly cut into chunks – if you like a smoother chili, use diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- Add the avocado oil to a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. When hot, add the ground beef, sweet onion, bell pepper and jalapeno. Break the meat up and mix it up with the other vegetables as the beef browns. When the beef looks almost cooked through, drain about 3/4 of the fat from the pot.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, tomatoes, bone broth and spices. Mix together.
- Bring the mixture, which will be a bit soupy in consistency, to a boil and then reduce the heat down to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, add the liquid smoke and then cover and continue to simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and stir…if the keto chili is too thin for your liking, let it to continue to simmer so some of the liquid burns off and the taste develops further.
- Serve with fresh chopped red onion, tomatoes, cilantro and shredded cheese for toppings.
Win $200+ Worth of Keto Kitchen Tools and a Signed Copy of my New Book!
The post Hearty Low Carb Chili appeared first on Ketology – Keto Recipes, Tips and Hacks for Women.
Leave A Comment