Creamy pasta alfredo is such a satisfying comfort food that typically is shunned for it’s fat content – with butter and heavy cream…however when you use good quality products, on keto, Alfredo sauce (or if you add bacon and egg, keto Carbonara) and served with zucchini noodles or your favorite keto pasta alternative, has been one of my go-to meals since switching to a keto lifestyle.
In this quick video – I demonstrate how to make Carbonara – however alfredo is even simpler with just the butter (use grass fed, like Kerry Gold) and heavy cream with parmesan and I like to finish it off with some pepper. As I’ve shared recently, NuPasta is my new obsession however zucchini noodles are also delicious with this keto alfredo sauce! With the keto alfredo sauce recipe, I also like to mix in chunks of chicken breast for some extra protein – chicken and alfredo are a match made in keto heaven!
NOTE: If you like zucchini noodles and eat them often, I highly recommend investing in a vegetable spiralizer. You can buy zoodles at the market – but they mark them up so majorly, that you can make them at home just as simply and this also works great for carrots, squash and even cucumbers for fun salads. I have this one from Amazon and love it!
10-Minute Low Carb Carbonara
- 1 medium zucchini squash, raw “noodled”
- 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 – 2 pieces bacon diced
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Parmesan shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add bacon.?
- Cook until bacon is brown and just beginning to crisp.
- Add butter and heavy cream and stir consistently until a smooth sauce forms.
- Add 3/4 of your zucchini noodles to the pan and saute until noodles are soft.
- Add parmesan and mix until melted into a smooth sauce that coats the noodles.
- Turn heat completely off and add egg.
- Stir quickly to incorporate egg until sauce is smooth and silky.
- Season with salt & pepper, additional parmesan.