This fresh, delicious broccoli recipe is an earthy twist on a Caesar salad adds a little modern flair to your holiday table with a rich and creamy dressing, and satisfying crunch from the cabbage. This is the perfect, light-ish side to accompany the rest of the heavy meal.
You can omit the anchovies from the Caesar salad dressing recipe in this Broccoli Caesar Salad if you don’t like them, but in addition to delicious flavor, anchovies are an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids (aka “good” fats).
Broccoli Caesar Salad
This fresh, delicious and earthy twist on a Caesar salad adds a little modern flair to your holiday table with a rich and creamy dressing, and satisfying crunch from the cabbage.
For the Caesar Dressing:
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 – 6 fillets anchovies in oil minced
- 2 egg yolks – or 2 tbsp mayo if you’re weary about raw egg
- 1/2 fresh lemon juiced
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 3 tbsp fresh shredded parmesan
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 heads of broccoli cut into florets and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 head Napa cabbage shredded
TO MAKE THE CAESAR DRESSING:
- In your salad serving bowl, mix garlic and anchovies until a smooth paste forms.
- Beat in egg yolks (or mayo), then whisk in lemon juice and mustard until emulsified.
- Next, slowly add olive oil and then avocado oil until smooth.
- Finish off by adding shredded parmesan.
TO COMPOSE THE SALAD:
- Add broccoli and cabbage to the bowl and toss to cover with the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with extra shredded parmesan and freshly cracked pepper.
Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 268mg | Potassium: 791mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1388IU | Vitamin C: 170mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 2mg
The post Broccoli Caesar Salad appeared first on Ketology – Keto Recipes, Tips and Hacks for Women.