While sweet potatoes aren’t 100% keto-approved, they do fall on the lower end of the glycemic index and are packed with health benefits, so I’m including this delicious recipe on my keto menu as a bit of a cheat that is well worth it in terms of flavor and nutrition.
Brown Butter Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar substitute I like Swerve Brown or Lakanto Golden sweetener
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage julienned (cut in thin strips)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Add sweet potatoes and brown sugar substitute to a bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it melts and then starts to brown…make sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Remove browned butter from heat and add thyme and sage.
- Add the butter mixture to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the potatoes in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes until the potatoes a soft and glossy.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve!