This time of year, I’m always baking – from muffins to cookies to nut brittle – in addition to having cookies and treats around the house for my family and friends to nosh on, I usually give nut brittle and cookies to teachers and friends for the holidays. Coconut macaroons have always been a family favorite, but the traditional recipe calls for condensed milk which is loaded with sugar and isn’t low carb or keto-friendly. So, I experimented a bit and came up with a great Keto Coconut Macaroons recipe that I dip in a sugar-free chocolate for a delicious treat that are only 2g of net carbs each!
I like to use ChocZerohttps://www.choczero.com chocolate chips for this Chocolate-Dipped Keto Coconut Macaroon recipe but you can certainly serve and enjoy these without the chocolate. I’ve also dipped these in white chocolate or even both for a pretty presentation and treat!
Chocolate-Dipped Keto Coconut Macaroons
For the Keto Coconut Macaroons
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut shredded
- 2 tbsp allulose sweetener granulated
- 4 large egg whites room temperature
For the Chocolate Dip
- 1/2 cup ChocZero chocolate chips or your favorite sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
Prepare the keto coconut macaroons
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until it thickens as the air incorporates and peaks start to form. Sprinkle in the Allulose (or your preferred sweetener) slowly until the peaks stiffen (about 5 minutes total).
- Using a spatula, fold in the unsweetened coconut.
- Separate the dough carefully into 12 sections and place them on your prepared sheet, trying to maintain a ball-shape (though it will flatten a bit while baking).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until they turn golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Prepare the Chocolate Dip
- While the keto coconut macaroons are cooling, prepare the chocolate dip.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the heavy cream and allow it to warm for about a minute.
- Add the sugar-free chocolate chips and stir continuously until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully dip the macaroons, one at a time, to cover half of the cookie in chocolate and place back on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat with all the macaroons.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer so the chocolate hardens, about 10 minutes.