There’s something about shrimp scampi that is so comforting – it’s such a simple meal but also fresh and delicious at the same time. I like making this baked version of shrimp scampi and then toss mine with zucchini noodles or my favorite pasta alternative – NuPasta. This is also delicious over cauliflower rice – the cauliflower absorbs the garlic butter goodness and is so filling.? What’s nice about baking this keto shrimp scampi is that non-keto members of my family can then use whatever base they prefer!
I like to get my shrimp with the tails off, it’s just so much easier to eat, but some people swear that keeping the tails on adds to the flavor – so you can use whichever you prefer for this keto shrimp recipe.
Many people think shrimp is unhealthy because it’s high in cholesterol, and while it is higher in cholesterol than other seafood, it’s packed with omega-3 fatty acids and one of the best sources of astaxanthin, which is a powerful antioxidant which specifically is important for women as we age – it improves the moisture content of our skin and protects from collagen loss. So, while we shouldn’t have shrimp daily, enjoying a shrimp dish like this keto shrimp scampi every few weeks is 100% healthy!
Baked Keto Shrimp Scampi
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 pounds raw shrimp large
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees?
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic, and parsley. As the butter melts whisk so the oil and butter form a smooth sauce, remove from heat.
- Arrange shrimp in a shallow baking dish. Pour the butter sauce over the shrimp.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles and topped with some fresh parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
The post Keto Baked Shrimp Scampi appeared first on Ketology – Keto Recipes, Tips and Hacks for Women.