We’re big on chicken wings in our home – they are a staple for Sunday movie night and when watching basketball games. I also love to make hearty dips – beyond salsa, hummus and guacamole which are always perfect snacks, sometimes we want something a bit more filling and substantial to fill us up between meals and when just lounging at home. On keto, dips can be tricky — some have sugar snuck in but more of the time, the “dippers” – like pita bread, tortilla chips and bread, are the big no-nos with dips so usually keto folks need to opt out. Not with this amazing Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip! This dip is perfect with celery but doesn’t make you feel like you’re “dieting” (which for some reason, is the natural reaction when someone is eating celery is to assume they’re on a diet! I happen to love celery!). So, while there are many variations of Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip, I love this one because I combine two hot sauces which adds a bit more tang (though you can always just use one hot sauce) and I top it with fresh cilantro for another delicious flavor and hint of freshness.
The lazy cook in me does all of this in a small 5″ – 6″ cast iron so I can take it from stove to oven to serve — however you can use a regular saucepan on the stove and then transfer to a small baking dish to finish off in the oven.
I also made some keto nacho chips using Folios Cheese Wraps in Cheddar, and popping them in the microwave for 2 minutes and cutting them into triangles. Delish!
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken we used a rotisserie chicken and used the breast and thigh evenly
- 1/4 cup Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/8 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1/8 cup Tabasco
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarela cheese
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper sliced
- Preheat over to 350
- Heat a small cast iron griddle over medium for 1 – 2 minutes
- Add cream cheese and hot sauce to griddle
- Slowly stir consistently until thoroughly combined
- Add in the blue cheese dressing and your shredded chicken
- Mix thoroughly and then add 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and mix until the whole mixture is gooey and melted
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top and place in oven
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven, top with chopped cilantro and jalapeno
- Serve with veggie sticks like celery or jicama