When I first started the keto lifestyle, I was super disciplined – I didn’t want to try any of the “hacks” like Keto breads and desserts. I first wanted to completely understand that diet and the science behind it, the benefits, and hit my aggressive goals before venturing into the wonderful world of tricks to make alternatives to our carbohydrate-filled favorites and sweet treats.
This is an “OG recipe” — after about two months in, 15 pounds down and feeling stable hormonally, I tried to make my first sandwich. After reading dozens of keto-friendly bread recipes, I decided to try to make a flourless cloud bread vs an almond or coconut flour – and higher in Net Carbs – option.
I tried a few different, fantastic recipes before creating this version which is a great option if you plan to eat it soon after baking. For a heartier, fridge-stable keto bread, I highly recommend this recipe which is the closest dupe to real bread you will make! Now, after four years living a keto lifestyle, every now and again I’ll make cloud bread, however thanks to some products that have hit the market, I usually buy my keto bread. (Hint, some are better than others – see here and here!)
See below the recipe for some of my favorite sandwich combos using this Keto Cloud Bread recipe!
Note: Start to check these after the 15 minute mark in the oven. They can cook quicker and I haven’t figured out why they sometimes take the full 20 minutes and sometimes are done beforehand!
- 3 large eggs
- 4.5 ounces cream cheese
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Add cream of tartar to whites and beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- Beat cream cheese and egg yolks together until smooth. Add psyllium husk and baking powder.
- Fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture gently until incorporated but still airy and light.
- Spoon 1/4 cup portions of batter onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
Cloud Bread Sandwich Ideas:
- Egg, bacon, cheese and avocado breakfast sandwich
- BLT – Bacon, lettuce and tomato
- Turkey Melt – deli turkey and havarti with avocado
- Use one piece at the bottom of eggs benedict
The post Keto Cloud Bread appeared first on Ketology – Keto Recipes, Tips and Hacks for Women.