Happy Year of the Tiger! In honor of Lunar New Year today, I’ll be serving up festive, low carb dishes all day…starting with keto crab rangoon. This crab and cream cheese appetizer has taken social media by storm lately, so I thought there was no better day than to recreate it for the low carb set! Crab rangoon is generally keto-friendly, except for the wonton wrapper and sweet and sour dipping sauce, so I’m using some of my favorite alternatives and substitutes to make a keto crab rangoon recipe that’s absolutely addictive!
As you can probably guess if you have followed me for a while, I substituted the traditional wonton wrapper with Cut Da Carb flatbreads. I popped these in the air fryer and they came out crispy and perfectly browned, however you can also fry them in a pan with oil — either way you’ll get delicious, low carb crab rangoon that’s crispy on the outside and warm and creamy on the inside!
For the dipping sauce, I made a low carb sweet & sour sauce with sugar-free ketchup and my favorite brown sugar substitute, Lakanto Golden.
I’ll be posting all my other keto Lunar New Year recipes over on Instagram – so head over there to see what else I’ve got on the menu today!
Keto Crab Rangoon
- Air Fryer optional
For the Crab Wonton
- 5 oz fresh crabmeat shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese full fat
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Cut da Carb Flatbreads cut into 3" squares
- Cream cheese to seal wontons
For the Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp ketchup no sugar added
- 1 tbsp brown sugar substitute I used Lakanto Golden
- 2 tsp red chili flakes
- Place all the crab filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly – I like to use my hands to make sure the crab and cream cheese are evenly combined.
- Place one of your Cut da Carb squares on a flat, clean surface and coat the edges with a thin layer of cream cheese.
- Place a tablespoon of your crab mixture in the middle of the square.
- Fold into a triangle and press edges together to seal.
- Repeat with 7 remaining Cut Da Carb squares.
- Place triangles in your air fryer.
- Cook at 350℉ for 6 minutes.
For the Dipping Sauce
- Place all sauce ingredients in a small bowl or ramekin.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve warm Keto Crab Rangoon with dipping sauce.
The post Keto Crab Rangoon appeared first on Ketology – Keto Recipes, Tips and Hacks for Women.