I love lemons and use them daily – in my water, in my tea, in salads, the list goes on. We are blessed to have a lemon tree in our back yard, so this time of year, we are literally overflowing with gorgeous, tangy-sweet lemons. So, why not make a Keto Lemon Mug Cake? Read on for the recipe.
This is one of the more decadent – though very light! – lemon recipes that I love to make to perfectly cap off a barbecue or casual outdoor dinner. For most of my keto baking, I use Swevre sweetener because it bakes really well, is a nearly perfect dupe for real sugar and is a 1:1 swap so it’s easy to keto-fy any recipe.
I like to top this Keto Lemon Mug Cake with fresh whipped cream and a hit of lemon zest, but honestly it’s delicious with the tangy icing! If you want to make it extra lemony, you can add some of the lemon extract to whipped cream or make a simple keto, lemon icing by stirring up some heavy cream with lemon extract and a touch of sweetener. My kids even love this!
Lemon Mug Cake with Lemon Icing
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp granulated Swerve or your favorite sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- juice and zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp powdered Swerve or your favorite sweetener
- 1/2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, granulated sweetener, baking powder, and salt together. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, egg, and melted butter and whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sweetener in water and lemon juice together to form the icing. It should be thin.
- Divide cake mixture evenly between four microwave-safe mugs. Microwave on high for 90 seconds each.
- Drizzle icing on top of each mug cake. Serve warm and top with fresh whipped cream and a touch of added lemon zest, if desired.
The post Keto Lemon Mug Cake with Lemon Icing appeared first on Ketology – Keto Recipes, Tips and Hacks for Women.