When a chocolate craving hits, nothing beats it better than a chocolate donut–especially a chocolate donut with a chocolate glaze. Rich in flavor but low in carbs, these low carb chocolate donuts are ready to enjoy quickly so you can tame those cravings. I like to use ChocZero chocolate chips when baking – they’re perfectly sweetened and melt down well for the glaze.
These donuts only take about 30 minutes to make in total and I swear, they taste EXACTLY like Hostess chocolate donuts. The perfect dupe!
These are just one of the 60 recipes in my latest book – Small-Batch Keto Baking which focuses on smaller batches so you aren’t making dozens of treats at a time. I love baking this time of year, so I’ll be sharing lots of recipes from the book and more!
Low Carb Chocolate Donuts
FOR THE DONUTS
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sweetener, I like Allulose
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp sugar-free chocolate chips, melted
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 3 tbsp sugar-free chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, blend the butter, heavy cream and sweetener until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and then vanilla extract and again, beat until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and remaining dry ingredients and beat until the batter is smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into your donut mold. I use a silicone mold, however if you’re using a tin, make sure you spray it with nonstick-spray first.
- Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool while you prepare the glaze.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave in 30-second intervals until glossy.
- Dip the cooled donuts in the glaze and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Refrigerate until the glaze is set.
The post Low Carb Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Glaze appeared first on Ketology – Keto Recipes, Tips and Hacks for Women.