If you’re hoping to stick to your low carb diet this Labor Day weekend, but don’t want to miss out on the fun, fear not! There are plenty of delicious and refreshing keto-friendly, low carb cocktails that you can enjoy without derailing your diet.
Many cocktails call for Simple Syrup, so having a sugar-free Simple Syrup on hand is step one when making keto cocktails. Simple Syrup is easy to make and will store for about a week so I always have some on my bar cart.
Now on to the low carb, keto-friendly cocktails!
Lemonade is a summer essential – add some vodka for a refreshing, spiked version or try my Strawberry Basil Lemonade with gin below!
Best Low Carb Lemonade Ever
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sweetener I use Swerve or Allulose
- 1 cup water
- 5 -6 large lemons
- 7 cups ice-cold water
- ice as needed
- Combine sweetener and 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Stir to dissolve sweetener while mixture comes to a boil. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Juice the lemons, discard any seeds. Continue juicing until you have 1 1/2 cups fresh juice and pulp (you may need more lemons).
- Pour 7 cups ice-cold water into a pitcher. Stir in lemon juice and pulp, then add simple syrup to taste. Add ice.
Low Carb Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 large strawberry
- 1 ounce gin
- 2 ounces low carb lemonade (see above) chilled
- Club soda chilled, to top
- In a double rocks glass, muddle the basil leaves and strawberry.
- Fill with ice and set aside.
- Add the gin and lemonade into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
- Top with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a basil leaf and strawberry slice.
- 1 bottle low sugar rosé wine I like Avaline
- 4 ounces grapefruit liqueur I like Giffard
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 lemon cut into thin rounds
- club soda
- Add the wine, grapefruit liqueur, raspberries, strawberries and lemon rounds into a pitcher and stir to combine.
- Chill for up to 4 hours.
- Divide between wine glasses and top each with a splash of club soda.
If you’re looking for a keto-friendly, low carb Labor Day menu to go with these cocktails, check out the recipes I posted yesterday!
The post Low Carb Cocktails for a Keto-Friendly Labor Day Weekend appeared first on Ketology – Keto Recipes, Tips and Hacks for Women.