I know – lots of our recipes have avocados in them. However they are really one of the world’s most perfect foods – and so perfect on a keto lifestyle! This low carb keto guacamole recipe is high in fiber, omega fatty acids, copper, folate, potassium, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6…these little green goddesses pack in almost everything you need in a day!
While sometimes I’ll just cut open an avocado and eat it with lime and a sprinkle of pink sea salt, I also love to snack on this simple, 5-minute, low carb guacamole with bell pepper and zucchini slices.
Another little hack – if you’re craving guacamole but don’t want to put in all the effort, I just mash up an avocado in a bowl and add a tablespoon or two of my favorite salsa, maybe a few shakes of cayenne pepper and voila! The fastest guacamole dip you can make – and it will very likely disappear just as quickly too. I also use guacamole as a spread in low carb wraps for extra flavor and healthy fats when I want something other than mayo.
Low Carb Keto Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tomato diced, I like Roma tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno diced and seeded
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper optional
- Peel the avocados and mash with lime juice in a medium bowl. I just use a fork to roughly mash.
- Add garlic, onion, jalapeno tomato, olive oil and cilantro. Mix and season with salt and cayenne pepper to taste!