If you go on TikTok at all, you know that a user named Emily Mariko has blown up on there with her simple and delicious recipes — namely a salmon rice bowl that literally has taken TikTok by storm. After seeing the video pop up on my feed for days, I had to try it and make it low carb, of course! And, I’ve eating my low carb salmon rice bowl version of her recipe literally every day for lunch for a week!
In this video, I skipped the cauliflower rice because I didn’t have any leftover, and it’s just as tasty! And, of course, this low carb salmon rice bowl is not only delicious, but so good for you with essential omega-3 fatty acids in the salmon, more heart-healthy good fats in keto superfood avocado, and iodine-rich seaweed.
Japanese mayo is a much more flavorful mayonnaise which you should be able to find in most grocery stores, however you can use regular mayo if you can’t find it…however it is worth it if you can find it! The combination of flavors between the coconut aminos (a keto-friendly sub for soy sauce that I think tastes much better than soy sauce), Japanese mayo and sriracha with the salmon and avocado is SO GOOD.
For the cauliflower rice, I usually buy frozen riced cauliflower and either steam it in the microwave or sautè it in a pan with a little avocado oil. I’ll usually make a double portion and store the leftovers in the fridge for the next day!
Trust me, once you try this, you’ll be making it over and over again!
Low Carb Salmon “Rice” Bowl
- 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower rice
- 4 oz cooked salmon leftovers work great!
- 1/2 tbsp Japanese mayo I use the Kewpie Brand
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 4 – 6 sheets nori seaweed
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- Flake salmon in a small bowl.
- Add cauliflower rice.
- Top with mayo, sriracha and coconut aminos
- Mix well until combined. Should resemble a tuna salad-like texture.
- Top with sliced avocado.
- Enjoy either by laying individual pieces of seaweed on top and pinching with chopsticks (see video) or fill each seaweed pieces with about 1 tbsp of the mixture, a slice of avocado and indulge!