In case you haven’t noticed, Smashburger Tacos are all over social media at the moment – and with good reason…they’re quick and delicious! I made the traditional beef smashburger tacos for my family last week, and everyone loved them. Today, I decided to try something different – I just picked up some fresh salmon during my weekly Farmer’s Market trip, so I whipped up a batch of Low Carb Salmon Smashburger Tacos and they were amazing. Light and perfect for hot summer nights or a light lunch, I served these with avocado, shredded cabbage and a spicy mayo.
I just stocked up on Mr. Tortilla low carb tortillas during Prime Day, however you can use your favorite low carb tortilla or wrap. The Mission Zero Carb or Carb Balance tortillas work well for these too.
For toppings, I wish I’d had some fresh cilantro to add to the salmon mixture or to sprinkle on top…you can also add chopped chilies, tomatoes, red onion or shredded lettuce if you’re not a cabbage fan. Whatever you decide to top these with, you’ll be making low carb smashburger tacos on repeat because of how easy these are — they only take about 4 minutes to cook – and how delicious!
Low Carb Salmon Smashburger Tacos
- 8 Low Carb Tortillas taco size
For the Salmon Patties
- 1 8oz Salmon Fillet
- 1 green onion chopped
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 4 tbsp shredded cabbage or lettuce
For the Spicy Mayo Sauce
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise preferably Avocado oil-based
- 2 – 3 tsp Sriracha
- 1 – 2 tsp Coconut Aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
For the Salmon Patties
- Dice salmon into small chunks and then mince finely.
- Add salmon to a large bowl with chopped scallions and spices and mix throughly.
- Form 8 equal sized balls and press each onto a tortilla, flattening evenly to the edges.
- On a griddle or grill pan over medium heat, place tortillas salmon size down, and grill for 2 – 3 minutes until golden.
- Flip and grill for another 2 – 3 minutes until the tortilla browns and just starts to crisp.
To Make the Spicy Mayo Sauce
- Add all sauce ingredients in a small bowl or ramekin and stir until well combined.
- Top each taco with sliced avocado, shredded cabbage and sauce.