Salmon Caesar salad – a dish that brings together the heartiness of salmon with the classic freshness of a Caesar salad. This is my go-to lunch when I’m looking for something that’s not just quick and easy, but also delicious and nutritious. The best part? It’s perfectly portioned for meal prep, making healthy eating throughout the week a breeze.
This Salmon Caesar Salad is not just another salad; it’s a perfect blend of health and flavor. The homemade Caesar dressing, made with Greek yogurt, offers a healthier, protein-rich alternative to the traditional mayo or olive oil-based dressings. And the sweet and spicy rub on the salmon adds a kick of flavor that beautifully complements the creamy dressing.
So next time you’re in a rush but still want a fulfilling and nutritious lunch, give this Salmon Caesar Salad a try. It’s a testament to how easy, healthy eating can be both delicious and satisfying. Enjoy a meal that’s as good for your body as it is for your taste buds!
Healthy Salmon Caesar Salad
- 10 – 12 oz salmon salmon cut into four to five ounces pieces
- ⅛ cup brown sugar sweetener I recommend Lakanto’s monk fruit brown sweetener
- 1-2 tablespoons your favorite spicy seasoning I love using Spicy DanO’s
- 4 cups Hearts of Romaine lettuce
For the Homemade Caesar Dressing:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt I prefer Fage 0% for its creamy texture
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep the Salmon: Begin by slicing the salmon into one-inch thick pieces. Mix the brown sugar sweetener and spicy seasoning in a bowl, and press this mixture onto the flesh side of the salmon, ensuring a nice thick coating for a caramelized glaze upon cooking.
- Cook the Salmon: You can bake or broil the salmon, but I prefer using an air fryer. Lay the seasoned salmon pieces in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees for eight minutes, until perfectly cooked.
- Make the Dressing: In a blender or food processor, combine Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Assemble the Salad: Toss the Romaine lettuce with a generous amount of the creamy Caesar dressing, adding extra freshly cracked pepper if desired. Top it with the cooked salmon pieces.