While we often have keto burger night at home for dinner, I also love keto salmon patties (aka salmon cakes) which are much like crab cakes, but the oily and denseness of the salmon creates a more hearty and filling meal. We always have frozen salmon fillets in the freezer. Salmon is a fantastic fish option for the keto diet – it’s high in good fats and protein while also packing in the selenium, astaxanthin and potassium which all have anti-aging benefits.
This keto salmon recipe is easy to prepare and serve over lettuce or keto cole slaw with fresh lemon wedges. I’ll sometimes also make a spicy mayo – a mixture of my favorite avocado oil-based mayonnaise and sriracha (or my new favorite hot sauce, Truff) to top the keto salmon patties with and wrap them in a lettuce wrap. Delicious!
I like to use Pork Panko crumbs as the binder and breading for these, however you can also use regular crushed pork rinds. While I like these pan fried, you can also prepare these in the air fryer. Simply lightly spray each keto salmon patty with oil and cook them in your air fryer at 400F for about 12 minutes.
Keto Salmon Patties
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ? cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped
- 1?? pounds fresh wild salmon coarsely chopped (uncooked)
- ? cup avocado mayonnaise
- ? cup Pork Panko pork rind crumbs plus 2 more tablespoons for coating
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch seafood seasoning
- avocado oil for frying
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper, and celery to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion begins to soften.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stir salmon, onion mixture, cilantro, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup Pork Panko crumbs, garlic, mustard, cayenne, and seafood seasoning together in a bowl until well combined. Form four patties and place them on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm – about an hour.
- Remove the keto salmon patties from the fridge and gently coat them with the 2 tablespoons of remaining Pork Panko.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of avocado oil in a skillet over medium-heat. Cook patties in hot oil until golden and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve over lettuce with fresh lemon wedges and spicy mayo.
The post Salmon Patties (aka Salmon Cakes) appeared first on Ketology – Keto Recipes, Tips and Hacks for Women.