Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables – even my kids love them – though many look at me like I’m crazy when I include them on my recipe lists and books. My original Smashed Brussels Sprouts recipe is a fan favorite so I’m updating it with a holiday spin for the Thanksgiving table.
I love ChocZero‘s or Lakanto’s sugar-free maple syrup for these…your guests will never know this tangy and smoky recipe is sugar free!
Smashed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Maple Glaze
Smashing the brussels sprouts before roasting allows the bacon and sugar-free maple syrup to soak into the nooks and crannies of the sprouts for maximum flavor.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Lakanto or ChocZero sugar-free maple syrup
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon chopped
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Fill a medium saucepan 3/4 full of water and add some kosher salt. Bring water to a boil.
- Once boiling, add your Brussels sprouts and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Drain, pat dry and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Using the bottom of a glass, lightly “smash” the Brussels individually and press them into little patties. I don’t smash them too much – just enough to crack them open.
- Drizzle the avocado oil over the sprouts, and sprinkle evenly with garlic powder and bacon.
- Drizzle maple syrup evenly.
- Roast in oven for 10 – 15 minutes until tops of sprouts begin to caramelize.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 268mg | Potassium: 530mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 868IU | Vitamin C: 96mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg
The post Smashed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Maple Glaze appeared first on Ketology – Keto Recipes, Tips and Hacks for Women.