This weekend, I went to a pot-luck birthday dinner for a good friend who just started experimenting with a keto lifestyle. She specifically requested that I make my “famous” keto deviled eggs recipe – which are super creamy thanks to my secret super-ingredient: avocado.? Deviled eggs are basically keto without any modifications, however the avocado not only make a huge difference in texture, it also adds more good fat in addition to the egg yolks and mayo!
With both eggs and avocado in this low carb deviled eggs recipe, you’re packing in two keto superfoods and with some avocado mayo, you’ve got almost the perfect snack!
I like to make mine a bit spicy with a combo of cayenne, smoked paprika and chilis, though you can leave them out for a more traditional keto deviled egg. Deviled eggs are a perfect keto snack as well. I usually have a half-dozen of hard boiled eggs in my fridge which makes it easy to quickly whip these up! I make the hard boiled eggs in my Instant Pot at the beginning of each week – so I can make this recipe or add them to my salads or just enjoy with salt and pepper on the go.
We also love this recipe for Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs – perfect for Sunday brunch!
Spicy Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled
- 1/4 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1/2 ripe avocado mashed with a fork
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika plus more for garnish
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 tsp serrano pepper minced finely, seeds removed (optional)
- fresh parsley chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Slice the eggs in a half lengthwise and scoop the yolks into a mixing bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork.
- To the mixing bowl with the yolks, add the mustard, mayonnaise, and mashed avocado. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add serrano pepper (if using), paprika, cayenne and salt and mix one last time.
- Transfer the yolk mixture to a pastry bag or large ziploc bag. If using a ziploc bag, snip off a corner of the bag. Pipe the mixture into the egg whites.
- Top each deviled egg with some fresh parsley and sprinkle of smoked paprika, if desired.
The post Spicy Keto Deviled Eggs appeared first on Ketology – Keto Recipes, Tips and Hacks for Women.