As the leaves start to change and we cozy up with our favorite sweaters, it’s undoubtedly baking season – a time for warm, comforting treats that don’t have to derail your healthy eating plans. Over the next few weeks, I’ll be guiding you through a series of sugar-free, low-carb baked delights, kicking off with a personal favorite – blondies.
These aren’t your ordinary blondies. They’re a health-conscious twist on the classic, where hints of caramel waft through the air as they cool on the counter. Made with a brown sugar substitute, in this case, Swerve Brown for its rich caramel-like flavor, these blondies stay true to their roots with a moist and chewy texture.
What makes this recipe stand out is the browned butter, a simple step that imparts a toasty warmth deep into each bite. Paired with the richness of full-fat cream cheese and the nuttiness of finely milled almond and coconut flours, these blondies are a testament to how low-carb alternatives can echo the indulgence of their traditional counterparts. And, if you’re like me and believe that more is more, toss in some sugar-free vanilla chips and a handful of pecans or walnuts – these add-ins bring a delightful texture and depth to the mix.
Now, let’s walk through the creation of these little squares of joy.
Sugar Free, Low Carb Brown Butter Blondies
- 4 tbsp stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 – 1 cup brown or golden sweetener I like Lakanto Golden Monkfruit with Allulose
- 4 oz full-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup finely milled almond flour
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum optional
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp sugar-free white chocolate chips optional
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the baking pan with butter or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the butter, swirling frequently. Continue to cook the butter. Once melted the butter will foam up a bit, then calm back down. Watch carefully as lightly browned specks begin to form at the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Using an electric mixer on medium high, beat together the butter with sweetener, cream cheese, and vanilla until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, stopping and scraping the bowl once or twice, as needed.
- Fold in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum (if using), and salt.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and nuts (if using). Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow the blondies to cool completely before slicing into 24 bars and serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks
@lowcarblolita Sugar Free, Low Carb Brown Butter Blondies Hints of caramel and white chocolate chips make these blondies a warm and comforting Fall treat. And only 1g of net carbs! Ingredients -4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature -1/2 cup – 1 cup brown or golden sweetener, I like Lakanto Golden Monkfruit with Allulose -4 ounces full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature -1 teaspoon vanilla extract -2 large eggs -½ cup finely milled almond flour -1/8 cup tablespoons coconut flour -1 teaspoon baking powder -¼ teaspoon xanthan gum (optional) -⅛ teaspoon sea salt -2 tbsp sugar-free white chocolate chips (optional) -⅛ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional) Macros: 53 calories, 5g fat, 1g net carbs, 1g fiber, 2g protein #blondiesrecipes #fallrecipe #winterrecipe #healthyrecipe #easyrecipe #lowcarb #sugarfree #weightloss ♬ original sound – Lolita – Thriving Over 50