Today, while at the market, I discovered that my favorite olive tapenade has only 1g of net carbs. I literally did a happy dance around the store. One of my favorite snacks pre-keto was cheese and crackers with this deliciously savory tapenade. I just put it out of my head because of the cracker part of the equation, but today, I was on a mission to make low carb, keto crackers to go with my all-time favorite dip.
Recently I’ve been experimenting with fathead dough – a mozzarella and cream cheese-based dough with almond or coconut flour. I’ve had decent success with it (keto bagels were a win!) and thought with some tweaking, I could get a light, crispy cracker. After one failed batch, I got it right and made these delicious, light crackers that went PERFECTLY with my beloved tapenade. I’m going to attempt to make a tapenade recipe too – although I love this stuff, I’m not thrilled it has canola oil and will try to make my own version with olive or avocado oil. Stay tuned for that, but for now, enjoy these this low carb keto crackers with cheese, or pick up the olive tapenade at your market (you can pretty much find it anywhere) and let me know what you think!
UPDATE: If you don’t want to make homemade keto crackers, FatSnax has perfected low carb crackers and are AMAZING. Definitely worth buying!
The Best, Low Carb Keto Crackers
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp pink himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt mozzarella in a small bowl in microwave for 1 minute
- In a food processor (or medium bowl with a wooden spoon), combine coconut flour, eggs and salt until it forms a sticky dough.
- Add the melted mozzarella and process until combined. At this point, the mixture should form a sticky ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- After 30 minutes, remove from fridge and place the ball on a flat surface between two pieces of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll out until about 1/8″ thick.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into squares (or triangles, or whatever shape you prefer).
- Pierce each cracker a few times with a fork and transfer to a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated over for about 12 minutes and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy warm or let them cool. You can store these in a container or ziplock baggie for up to a week.
The post The Best, Low Carb Keto Crackers appeared first on Ketology – Keto Recipes, Tips and Hacks for Women.